Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Ford Lehman
- Model: 2715E
- Fuel: Diesel
- Engine Power: 120hp
- Type: Inboard
- Year: 1980
645 S. Beach St.
Daytona Beach, Florida, US, 32114
The Krogen 42 is one of the few production trawler-style cruising yachts built on a full displacement hull. Fully cored until 1995.
As such, she displays all the characteristics normally associated with such long-range designs including a comfortable ride, excellent seaworthiness, and the easy rolling motion typical of any soft chine boat.
The Krogen has a distinctive profile and an upright bow. Inside the focal point of the boat is the functional pilothouse with the watch berth located a few steps up from the salon level.
Until Hull # 65 (1985), the Krogen 42 were built with cored decks and superstructures.
An extremely popular boat with experienced cruisers, she has been the subject of constant refinements over the years and remains one of the most sought after models on the used boat market.
A single Lehman diesel was standard, and at her 8 knot hull speed the Krogen has a range of 2,000 + miles.
A popular boat with a loyal following, 206 were built.
Please note, the prior and current owner have kept this vessel interior meticulously refitted, serviced, and maintained with various upgrades with pride of Krogen Ownership!
This Kady Krogen is Hull # 18
This vessel was professionally rebuilt by prior owners . completed in 2008.
Her current owners have lovingly maintained her to date , with added upgrades. Rebuilt engine 2012 .
Invoices, manuals and work orders have been compiled and kept by prior and current owners to offer insight how and when items were performed over the years.
Georgia Girl is an exceptional opportunity for anyone interested in owning a classic blue water trawler with out the time and effort normally needed for upgrades associated for anyone purchasing a used boat.
A few of the noted upgrades of refit are listed below due to ongoing maintenance of owners to keep the boat in very nice condition:
- Current owner upgraded to 220 & 50 amp service
- Awl grip 2009
- Bottom peeled (2009) $24k cost
- 2018 forward and side canvas replaced
- Aft enclosure in storage (2011) preserved for eisenglass template
- Last haulout New bottom Paint April 2015
- Engine rebuild 2012 Invoices available
- Newer Norpro Yanmar powered genset 15KW
- Norpro Start panel for genset installed in main salon New
- Bow thruster 1991
- Windows and frames replaced
- Rudder / rudder post rebuilt 2009
- All wiring replaced
- All lights replaced
- New Gourmet gas range and solenoid
- Whirlpool Washer /Whirlpool Dryer serviced 2015 (stacked)
- Plumbing, pumps,fixtures replaced.
- Engine rebuild 2012
- Batteries replaced 2018
- Bow thruster battery replaced
- New battery charger
- Battery switch replaced 2019
- 2 new AC/Heat 220 replaced
- 2 New Raritan electric heads (fresh water flush)
- Handwritten manual and diagrams of components on board
- Teak cleaned and treated 2019
Current owner has had the engine totally and professionally rebuilt in 2012.
Prior hours to rebuild were 6628.2
Current hours shown 6756.3
Recently serviced and brought to Florida as current owners have relocated to the area.
Hours used after Rebuild: under 200 hours
Photos, and manuals aboard for viewing.
Current owner had this vessel as a northern boat, seasonally serviced and prepped for winter storage when not in use.
Entering from the aft deck through the double doors you come to the tastefully decorated saloon with custom made wood box, and wood vents for added features. .
- To port are built in book shelves fore and aft, and lockers.
- Lounge chairs
- Sofa which converts into a bed
- Custom cabinet to hold AC unit
- Custom wood vents designed to prevent condensation on glass panels
- Book shelves
- Engine hinged floor hatches
- Custom blinds
- Uline Icemaker
- Norpro Start panel for generator
- Heat/AC thermostat
Located at the forward starboard side of the salon is the U shape open faced galley.
- Double sink
- Refrigerator and freezer , deep and cold plate
- Oster Microwave oven
- New gas range
- Corian counter tops
- Washer /Dryer serviced 2015
- Pressure and dockside fresh water
- Abundant shelves , drawers and cabinet space
Located forward the master cabin has a large double berth offset to starboard, generous drawer and locker strorage and ensuit head.
There are 4 opening ports and large overhead hatch.
Forward of the master stateroom is the ensuite head , new, with vanity and mirror, medicine cabinet and stall shower.
The guest stateroom is aft of the master on the starboard side. It doubles as an office/study with built in desk and book shelves.
- There is a settee berth, Pullman berth
- Hanging locker and drawers
- 2 opening ports.
Opposite the guest stateroom is the large guest head. There is a separate stall shower, new head, vanity and medicine cabinet.
Up and forward from the galley is the pilot house. There are side doors port and starboard, opening ports and center windshield.
- Chart drawers and lockers
- Helm Chair
- Exterior snap on canvas door panels for side doors (2018)
- Canvas for all windows for the pilothouse (2018)
- Wesmar bow thruster
- Generator Norpro
- Ideal anchor windlass rebuilt
- Dinghy: 10' Rib w/ 2015 Mercury 15 hp outboard / 4 stroke
- 3 8 D Batteries (2018)
- Charger (2018)
- Electric winch on boom for dinghy launch
- Reverse AC/heat 220 v 2 new units
- U-Line Ice maker in main salon
- Whirlpool washer and dryer 220 volt
- Various charts
- 45# CQR w/3/8" chain rode
- 45# CQR w/50' 3/8 " chain rode and 300' chain rode
- 44# Danforth w/150' nylon rode
- Garnin GHC10X w/remote
- Garmin GPS Map 5212
- Raytheon Radar
- West marine VHF 585
- Portable VHF handheld
- Main salon TV
- Battery C Charger
- Fiberglass Fuel Tanks
- Bow pulpit with rollers
- Ideal Windlas rebuilt 110 Volt
- 2 new AC unit
- Bilge blower
- Transom door
- Spare prop
- Hydraulic wheel steering
- Auto bilge pumps
- Wesmar Bow Thruster 1991 / w separate battery
- Power winch for dinghy launch New 2006
- Aluminum boom/ Wood mast pole
- Nav lights and Spot light
- Sea Watch w/antennae
- Auto pilot
- Bow Thruster
- Dinghy and Mercury 4 stroke motor
- Dinghy lift/boom with remote launch
- Rain catcher built in on deck floor(screened)
- Bimini (not shown)
- Helm seating
Georgia Girl is a must see vessel , as prior and current owners have truly loved their vessel and kept her in good condition with on going care and maintenance.
Her prior refit was extremely thorough including plumbing, wiring and lighting. Her current owners have completed what they felt would keep Georgia Girl in tip top condition for the long term investment.
Current owners have seasonally stored their vessel while work has kept them from being on the water. She has been lovingly tended to, dry dock storage (winterized) , and now brought to Florida for sale.
This is a long term value with various refits and upgrades already performed which one might eventually expect when buying a used boat.
She awaits new owners desiring an impressive, updated, and turnkey yacht for the cruising lifestyle.
Owners personal tools and belongings do not convey.
Please note, information, photos and specs are being added and/or updated daily as this is a new listing.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Please call our listing Yacht Broker to schedule a showing:
Listing Broker, Meg Goncalves
Conveniently at the Palm Coast Yacht Brokers office
200 Club House Dr.
Palm Coast, Fl. 32137
Central Florida's Largest Yacht brokerage!